From the Sovereign Centre
Most stores in the Sovereign Centre reopen on Monday 15th June
Following the Government’s directive that non-essential retailers can reopen on 15th June, the Sovereign Centre will open with over 20 stores, who have all completed COVID-19 risk assessments. The Centre has been open to a few stores deemed as essential since lockdown including Wilko’s, Grape Tree and Holland and Barrett. The Car Park closed on 27th March, and this will reopen on 15th June, but only on levels one and two, and from 0800-1900.
To comply with Government guidance, the centre has implemented a new plan for its customers and the key elements are as follows:
• The entrance to the centre will only be via the Winter Gardens entrance, exit only via the High Street. The Seafront (Salisbury Terrace) entrance will be closed.
• We have set a safe limit of customers entering the mall, and this will be controlled by security officers. This is to ensure practical social distancing
• There is a one-way system and clear signage in operation throughout the mall. All retailers have set limits on safe shop capacity, so a queuing system for each shop is in place
• Hand sanitising stations are situated throughout the mall and car park
• Our cleaning team are prioritising high impact and front of house operations, such as lift buttons, handrails, doors and door handles, and will be deep cleaning the toilets for 10 minutes every hour
• The car park will only be open on level 1 and 2, and from 0800-1900 until further notice, there will be NO direct access from the car park to the shopping mall. Centre opening hours will revert to normal from the 15th 0900-1730 Monday-Saturday and 1030-1630 on Sunday, but some retailers will be opening slightly less hours that these, so it is best to check with any store you are planning to visit.
This plan will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Jon Walton, Centre Manager said “We look forward to welcoming customers back to the centre from 15th June. Until this date we have been open, only to those traders who were deemed essential by the Government. However, we have had to introduce new operating procedures to comply with safety directives and we do ask that customers work with us to ensure a safe and welcoming centre. We also appreciate that this plan will not be perfect from day one, and we will be taking on board feedback and will adjust and amend it where we can.
I would like to thank the centre team for all the hard work undertaken in running the centre with a much smaller team over the last few months. We look forward to welcoming back the majority of our stores on the 15th of June, and of course to our wonderful customers back to Weston Town Centre.”