We look for well-presented staff who possess enthusiasm, who have an approachable disposition and willingness to progress in the role. Weston Town Council’s aim to be a supportive employer; one that recognises talent and develops people to the best of their abilities. In return, we ask our employees to share our determination to succeed and our “can-do” attitude.
You need to be able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality and diversity and be able to carry out duties following those policies.
Our values include: respecting others, teamwork, keeping commitments, a culture of trust, friendliness, showing personal accountability, self-motivated, a strong work ethic, motivated to grow and learn.
We aim to provide excellent service for the town of Weston-super-Mare. Together we can make incredible things happen for this town and its people.
The Town Council registered for the ‘Disability Confident Campaign’ administered by the Department for Work and Pensions in 2016 which superseded the Two Ticks Disability Symbol Award.
The initiative in broad terms is about supporting the aims of the Government to half the employment gap between disabled and non-disabled persons. Due to our previous level of achievements as a Two Ticks Symbol holder we migrated to the new award as a ‘Disability Confident Employer’ in 2017.
On re-registering for the scheme on an annual basis we are now ‘Disability Confident Committed’ which is valid to December 2021 which requires us to commit to the following:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Further details of the scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disability-confident