The Water is on every day until the end of September and the entry is FREE. EXCEPT Saturday, 9th September when the water will be off but the park open.
The seasonal splash pad has fountains and sprays triggered by sensors and buttons. Watch your children shriek with delight as they try to dodge the rain shower and get soaked by a sprinkler! There’s a nominal charge of £3.00 per child until September 2023 and you can return the same day as many times as you like. No need to book unless you are a school group or wish to hold a large party, it’s an ideal and inexpensive birthday party venue for example.
Located next to Melrose Car Park, which is between the Old Colonial and Welbeck Hotels just before you reach Marine Lake and Knightstone Island, the park is open all year round and is free to use during those times of year when the splash pad is not in use. There may be occasions when essential maintenance work is needed or extreme weather which may affect the park’s availability. The park is staffed whilst the splash pad is operational.
The wooden play equipment includes the Stockholm Castle, a double cableway and a toddler area where there’s a short tunnel to crawl through. For those with a musical leaning, there’s a xylophone. A sandpit is located near the rear of the park along with a climbing pyramid and snake swing.
There are toilets and changing rooms on-site and there is a small Visitor Information Centre that can assist you with other ideas for things to do and for information on Weston-super-Mare and surrounding area.
The Water Adventure Play Park opened in the summer of 2010 and cost £425,000. We updated equipment in June 2023 at a cost of around £73,000.
There’s an independently run cafe serving food and drinks, including coffee and gluten/dairy free products to suit all dietary requirements. It’s the perfect spot for adults to sit and watch over the children enjoying a fabulous day out! There is inside and outside seating. The park has toilets and changing rooms on site too, with 3 cubicles using “saloon” type doors to offer a changing room facility.
The park can get very busy in hot weather, but there’s usually plenty of room for you to sit on the grass if the seating is all in use. Feel free to bring a picnic!
We hope you enjoy the park and come back time and time again.
Frequently asked questions –
- £3.00 per child, cash or card. No charge for adults. Adults will be given a wristband for proof of payment.
- In cases of extremely hot weather, the water will be on for 1hr and then off for ½ hour to allow for the correct chlorine doses.
- People can bring picnics
- Toilets on site will be open, close at 4pm apart from weekends when they close at 3pm. Healthmatic are cleaning the toilets 2 times a day at 9.30am and 2.30pm
- The nearest car park is Melrose Carpark (pay and display)
- Café on site sells a range of hot and cold food, ice creams etc
- For group bookings, please contact email@example.com
- The splash pad turns off at 5.00pm
- The Visitor information centre on site sells some essentials as well as souvenirs. Café on site sells buckets & spades for the sandpit.
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS now being accepted