What is the Council’s Community Resilience team?
The emergency development of a dedicated Community Resilience team at WSMTC which could respond to the needs of the community as a result of the COVID pandemic was formed in March 2020.
The team consists of a core team of 5 staff members, and it has now been made permanent via the Council’s HR committee. This cross-departmental team was deliberately chosen and developed with a flexible approach to be able to expand and contract as required, whilst utilising relevant staff skills as required.
The original response team was formed and up and running within the first 10 days of the pandemic starting, and resulted in the coordination and mobilisation of 3 core community groups and NSC together as partners for this crisis delivery to a community of 80,000 people.
The strengths of this team include:
- Applying the principles of ABCD to work with the community and utilise skills and resources that the community itself holds.
- Administration and communication skills
- Volunteer support and coordination
- Team leadership skills and co-ordination of COVID response
- Marketing, IT and communications skills
- Development and grant fund writing
- Community liaison and partnership building