A BIG Thank You to all the Tesco shoppers who are helping us raise money for a new SEN Play area at Castle Batch in Worle.
You can keep dropping your blue tokens into the Town Council slot until Mid January 2023.
Some of the comments we have had from the people of Worle:
• My kids love coming to this park but definitely need more things here, will be very welcomed by our community.
• This would make a huge difference to local children. At present the only accessible park is a long drive away which isn’t always practical. It is important for all children to have exercise in a fun way but children with additional needs, some of can’t manage physically or emotionally to play team games such as football or tennis have few safe fun places to help them to improve their mobility and self confidence.
• We miss the equipment that has been broken and disappeared. We want a playground that is usable for all children.
• As a teacher of SEND children in the local area I think this would be a massively valuable resource. Currently we travel to Kingston Seymour for the children to experience play facilities safely and obviously this takes a large amount of preparation so we go very rarely. A local resource area we could use frequently, and walk to, would be of great importance and hugely beneficial to our children.
• Having Sen and regular equipment alongside each other is great especially for mixed ability families. Anything wheelchair accessible is really appreciated particularly for older children who cannot easily be lifted. Thank you so much for investigating some inclusive options.
• I attend an additional needs park past Yatton. It is hard for me to get to as a bit far to travel but my daughter loves it and so do I as I can relax without being judged by people.
• My son likes spend time outdoor, SEN play area is very good idea.
• This would be so beneficial for my wheelchair bound daughter we never get to go to the park and use the equipment it would be lovely to have this opportunity so she can be involved in a normal part of child play
• We really really need this in our community.
Weston Town Council has been moved to say the least and is committed to providing this provision. To maximise the opportunity and not create a park in half measures we are looking at creating a partnership with businesses and groups who will support this vision, contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help sponsor some play equipment.
We would like to create a flagship park in our area that would be an example for places across the UK.
You can cast your vote for this project with a blue disk you can be given at point of a purchase at the following stores:
2112 Broadway W-S-M Exp BS24 9HA Express
2863 Clover Court Wsm Exp BS22 8NB Express
3387 Weston Super Mare BS23 1XG Superstore
5095 Castlemead Worle Exp BS22 7GF Express
5216 Cheddar Express BS27 3AG Express
5756 Weston Super Mare BS23 1NA Express
5951 Whitecross Wsm Exp BS23 1EH Express
To check the location of any of the above stores, please go to the Tesco website here: http://www.tesco.com/store-locator/uk